If you want to transition from gym climbing to rock climbing or from top rope climbing to lead climbing, this is the right course for you. You will learn you all you need to know to rock climb with total safety and autonomy.
We will climb in areas like Siurana, Margalef, Arboli or La Mussara. These are world class crags: every year, thousands of climbers come to enjoy the perfect weather and the top quality climbing routes that can only be found in the Priorat region and Prades mountains. Merely two hours away from Barcelona and 30 minutes from the Costa Dorada beaches, this is an ideal spot both for elite climbers and for those who wish to enter the rock climbing world.
- Gear selection, how to read a climbing guidebook, climbing equipment setup
- Top rope climbing
- Lead climbing
- Anchor cleaning
- Belaying: how to correctly belay a lead climber; how to fall safely
- Common problem solving
- Climbing technique and progression basics
At the completion of this course you will be able to lead climb and you will have gained the safety skills and confidence to select and send all of your climbing projects.
€130 per person (group organized by SouthClimb)*
* Group courses are held with a minimum of 4 participants
|Price per person|
|4 to 6 participants||€138|
** We can book lodging for you (30€ - dinner included)
✓ Certified Climbing Guide
✓ Civil Liability and Accident Insurance
✓ Climbing Equipment
✓ Pre- and post-activity consulting
✓ Exclusive discounts on climbing gear
- Climbing shoes (if you don't own a pair, you can rent it from us)
- Accommodation (if you'd like to stay at a mountain lodge or apartment, contact us)
- Transportation (possibility of free-of-charge transportation from Reus or Tarragona)
This course is designed to adapt to all levels, from gym climbers who want to enter the outdoors to climbers who've been outside but would like to reinforce or refresh your skills and knowledge. If you never climbed before, we suggest you start with one of our Climbing Tasters.
Contact us and we will organize the perfect climbing course for you.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone to (+34) 645 432 307, or by filling up the contact form in the following link.